Preah Kossamak Hospital to innovate with PACS
The system will be implemented this year.
Cambodia-China Friendship Preah Kossamak Hospital (Preah Kossamak) will integrate digitalisation by deploying a Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS). Together with telecommunications company Metfone, the implementation of PACS will provide digital services for the health sector to provide the country with leading telecommunications and digital technology.
According to Metfone, the PACS will bring benefits as follows:
- Savings on consumables costs: PACS replaces management facilities based on medical prints, reducing the cost of purchasing films and CDs every year. By not having to store medical films, medical facilities save warehouses and film storage space.
- Remote access allows users in different physical locations to access the information to images simultaneously.
- Modernise and improve the performance of the Diagnostic Imaging Department according to technology trends.
- Perfect the professionalism in the operation process.
- Intelligent and detailed patient management for each treatment, helping to diagnose and intervene earlier.
- Access to 4.0 technologies in supporting disease diagnosis, based on artificial intelligence (AI) technology, brings the most accurate results to patients.
- Share images quickly and accurately, creating interactive, helping diagnostic processes.
- Reduce legal costs due to loss of film and lack of professionalism.
- Easy access to authorised records to review all imaging information and diagnostic results from the doctor during the examination and treatment.
- Protection as all information about images, diagnostics is encrypted securely, ensuring data retrieval speed for image processing.
- For better diagnostic work images are acquired according to Dicom standards, sharp images, support simulation, rendering 3D images.
- Reduce radiation exposure to radiation from X-ray equipment due to less procedure to re-image.
- No waiting time to get a printed film, the time for examination and diagnosis is shortened.
- Eliminate the inconvenience of patients when going to the hospital for examination and follow-up examination must carry films or CD of pictures.
Vice director Chan Sophors said, "We have found that the system is user-friendly and very useful for training our new doctors at Cambodia-China Friendship Preah Kossamak Hospital. And for 2022, we plan to install more features of PACs in various departments so that they can benefit from the advancing imagery technology, to safely store important medical reports, diagnoses and information from the patients."
The AI function will begin this year.